Our goal in this Zenmed review is to provide you with all the important information regarding this acne treatment method so you can make an informed decision before you buy Zenmed. Our review is based on comments given by real customers who bought and used the product before giving their opinions and experiences.
The company is well known for using different combinations of ingredients including vitamins, essential oils, and minerals in manufacturing their products. All Zenmed products are made without artificial steroids, dyes, or synthetic fragrances. Another great thing about Zenmed is that their products come with a 60-day guarantee. If the product, for some unknown reason, fails to work for you, you can request a full refund within 60 days after purchase.
They are even environmentally conscious too. Their products come in 100% recyclable packaging. They never use wasteful boxes for their cosmetic products.
Zenmed acne treatment kits come in two types. The first one is made for oily skins while the second one is for other skin types. Both kits have a facial cleansing gel, a derma cleanse acne gel, and a nice oil-free day lotion. Full-size bottles in each kit are made to last between 2 and 4 months.
Acne treatment for oily skin kit
This is an acne therapy kit specifically designed for those who suffer from acne due to oily skin. Zenmed recommends this type of therapy for teenagers prone to acne. The product is designed to heal acne and prevent it from occurring again.
The main objective of this product is to stop the skin from drying, which is a major cause of acne. To eliminate dry skin, the product contains beta hydroxyl acids and a water based moisturizer and cleanser known as alpha. The kit also comes with a face mask that you can use after cleansing or wear overnight as a spot treatment. An oil-free day lotion is included in the kit too. The lotion locks in all the potent and botanical ingredients all day.
Combination skin acne treatment kit
This is the most common type of Zenmed kits primarily because it is made for a majority of people. Products included in this kit tackle oiliness and excess moisture on skin among other useful functions. It is made for people suffering from mild forms of acne and possibly with sensitive skin. The products are quite efficient in unclogging pores, prevent the growth of bacteria on the skin, and specifically target the t-zones.
Included in the kit is an AHA/BHA complex which provides mild exfoliation that removes bacteria and oils from your skin. There is a light moisturizer in the kit too that helps to prevent oily skin and clogged pores. The kit includes an acne gel which you can apply on affected areas twice each day. For the best results, apply this gel under your makeup.
Many customers who once suffered from oily skin claim their skins are now less shiny and free from residue that previously dominated their faces. Thos using the combination kit have less clogged pores and no longer suffer from spots and redness.
Let us know about your personal experience with Zenmed. We are always pleased to hear your review of the product, good or bad.
Our honest review of Zenmed
Zenmed is a relatively popular skin care brand. You may have seen their ads featured in popular magazines such as New York, Cosmopolitan, and Elle. If you suffer from acne or eczema, then, without a doubt, every advertisement promising a cure never fails to catch your eye. You have probably spent a fortune on a variety of gels, salves, creams, and ointments in the pursuit for a smooth clear skin with little success. You are probably wondering what Zenmed is and if it really does work. Let’s first take a quick look at the brand.
Zenmed was first launched in the year 2000 by Mandy Shahi who has a rich background in homeopathy and other forms of alternative treatment. Her first product was Derma Cleanse Cleanser which was basically a natural-based cleanser. From her base in California Mandy began working with natural-based skin care products that were quite helpful to people suffering from severe skin conditions. Her approach involved manufacturing clinical-strength products that didn’t come with the chemical hazards associated with most the clinical-strength products.
By 2002, Many’s Derma Cleanse Cleanser had grown quite popular and was renamed Facial Cleansing Gel. The brand had over 29 products in its line which included masks, cleansers, moisturizers, supplements, and serums. Zenmed’s motto today is “Creating Products with Conscience” which is the key objective of the company.
Zenmed’s acne products
Zenmed has a diverse range of products that address the problem of acne which include the following:
- Oil-free day solution. This lotion is applied directly to the skin. It is a mild calming moisturizer that gives your skin a non-greasy dose of moisture. It has high concentrations of vitamins B5 and E which make your skin feel fresh nourished and supple. It is highly recommended for people with sensitive skin or to be applied just after exfoliation.
- Refining scrub. The gentle scrub is designed to give your skin a gentle rub while clearing off all the excess oil. It uses natural fruit acids, unlike your typical harsh detergents. It is recommended to use it twice per day if you have oily skin. You’ll soon start seeing visible improvement after a short time.
- Derma Cleanse Acne Mask. This is an acne and spots treatment mask. It helps to relieve the severity of acne when applied on the affected regions of your skin. It also helps to eliminate greasiness that complicates your complexion. It is very effective against acne pimples, spots, whiteheads, and in unclogging blocked pores.
- Botanical Acne Body Wash. Created specifically to address the acne problem, this body wash gives you an exfoliating experience and effective cleansing. It is made of natural ingredients such as Oregano tree extracts, Tea Tree, Rosemary, and peppermint. You can use it with a bath sponge or wash cloth for the best results. It is also naturally scented.
- Facial Cleansing Gel. Made from natural Aloe Vera and Tea Tree extracts, this natural formulation is designed to eliminate oil, make up, and other undesirable residues from your skin. It gives you a natural protective barrier against harsh elements too. It is alcohol-free and very gentle on sensitive skin or any type of skin undergoing acne medication or peel treatment.
- AHA/BHA Complex. To get a smooth complexion, you need to begin with healthy cell turnover and avoid build up of unwanted residues. This product is quite efficient in removing dead skin cells and in enhancing the cell turnover process. It eliminates uneven bumpiness on your skin as well as flakiness. Unlike your traditional toners, this complex does not strip oil have a rebound effect. You can try it for 7 days and see the positive difference it makes on your skin.
- Derma Cleanse Acne Gel. This gel is applied to areas affected by acne whiteheads, pimples, or where pores are blocked. It provides quick healing of pimples and goes further to prevent inflammation that damages the skin or even cause scarring. The gel is quite helpful in preventing new acne from forming by stopping a build-up of dead skin cells.
So does Zenmed really work in treating acne?
Yes, Zenmed does indeed work in eliminating acne. The brand’s products are made of the right combination of 100% natural ingredients that deliver the expected results. It is the best alternative to chemically-ladden products on the market today. Zenmed’s natural products are gentle for sensitive skin. Go ahead and try this brand’s anti-acne products and you’ll be amazed by the results.
Key ingredients of Zenmed acne products
Zenmed’s products are made of ingredients that are certified organic or bioidentical. The ingredients are derived from natural vegetables or extracts rather than from petrochemical sources. Some of the key ingredients used in these products include purified water, Coltsfoot, Propylene Glycol, Witch Hazel, Rosemary, Althea, Yarrow, Balm Mint, Horsetail, Salicyylic acid, Sage, and many more.
Application and usage recommendation
The brand recommends the following usage regime for different products:
- Oil Free day Lotion: should be applied after cleansing or after you have applied an acne treatment or serum. You can even use the lotion on bare skin every day.
- Refining scrub: use once or twice per week together with Derma Cleanse Acne treatment
- Derma Cleanse Acne Mask: it is highly recommended that you use this mask as a spot treatment because it has the ability to shrink pimples overnight. Simply apply a thin layer of the mask on all affected areas taking care to avoid the eyes, lips, and nostrils. After two to five minutes, the mask will dry after which you can either rinse off or just leave it on overnight. In the morning, follow up with the oil free day lotion. It is recommended that you use it twice per week.
- Botanical Body Wash: it is best applied in the shower while your skin is wet. Gently apply it to all affected areas by rubbing it in circular motions. Leave it on for about two to three minutes before you rinse. It is recommended that you apply it thrice per day. You start by applying it once per day then increase applications as you feel like. If you experience excess dryness reduce applications to just once per day.
- Facial Cleansing Gel: you can apply this gel to damp skin or massage it on your face in gentle circular motions. Rinse your face afterwards. You can use it twice every day.
- AHA/BHA Complex: before application, cleanse the skin and pat it dry. Pour a little of the product on a cotton pad then apply gently on your face and neck. Take care to avoid the eyes, nostrils, earlobes, and lips. It is recommended you apply the complex twice each day. Consult a doctor if you are nursing or pregnant before using the complex.
- Derma Cleanse Acne Gel: Start by cleaning your skin before applying the treatment. Rub a thin layer gently on the affected areas once per day before you sleep. Consult your doctor if nursing or pregnant before use.
Pros and Cons of Zenmed
Just like every other product on the market today, Zenmed range of acne treatment products have their pros and cons. Here are some of the great pros of Zenmed and some cons.
- The products are made for people with sensitive skin
- They are 100% natural and do not contain ingredients that can possibly clog pores such as lanolin, parabens, synthetic dyes and scents, or petrochemicals.
- It is not tested on animals and no animal products have been used in any of the products
- The packaging as well the entire range of products are environmentally safe
- You get 100% money back guarantee.
- Zenmed products come at a higher price point than other brands. However, you get value for your money as they are guaranteed to work. You can always ask for a refund if the product fails to work.
- The products can only be ordered online. They are not found in stores.
Backed by 5 star consumer reviews, Zenmed products have been proven to provide positive results to most users. The company has an impressive range of products that work on all types of skins.
Online reviews about Zenmed show a large percentage of customers are extremely pleased with the results they got after using the products. They claim to have started seeing changes just a few days after using Zenmed. The products have helped many satisfied customers who once had scary acne faces or even eczema achieve healthy radiant skins. We highly recommend Zenmed to everyone suffering from either mild or severe acne.